HEART OF THE SOUTH WEST LEP
TOP 5 VISIBLE SCALEUPS BY EMPLOYEE GROWTH
SBAW Group operates a wide range of companies, including developers and hotels such as Coxley, Holbrook House and Oakhill Brewery
BLUE CEDAR HOMES
Blue Cedar Homes builds retirement homes for those that wish to downsize.
BROTHERS DRINKS CO.
The Brothers Drinks Co. produces and sells variety of flavoured ciders.
Silverline Tools manufactures and supplies a variety of hand tools, power tools and accessories.
Stormfront operates an online Apple reseller and retail stores, specializing also in fixing and repairing of Apple products.
TOP 5 VISIBLE SCALEUPS BY TURNOVER GROWTH
ABBEY MANOR GROUP
Abbey Manor Group builds and manages commercial properties.
Summerfield Developments operates a property development company working on both commercial and residential projects. The company also rents, manages and sells properties.
SBAW Group operates a wide range of companies, including developers and hotels such as Coxley, Holbrook House and Oakhill
BREWERY BROTHERS DRINKS CO.
The Brothers Drinks Co. produces and sells variety of flavoured ciders. AMULET HOTKEY Amulet Hotkey designs and manufactures virtual and physical workstations for businesses.
LOCAL LEP SCALEUP PROGRAMMES
Heart of the South West LEP is continuing to develop its scaleup plans and has identified a number of potential elements for its action plan, including:
- Prioritising referrals to (public/private) service offers that best meet the needs of scaleup businesses;
- Producing a ‘scaleup pack’ for businesses with the available package of schemes and support, factsheets, workshops, networks and contacts;
- Signposting available support such as the Heart of the South West Growth Support Programme, international trade/export opportunities and access to finance resources;
- Linking scaleups to wider stakeholder support such as enterprise centres, Chambers of Commerce and the knowledge sector. The Growth Hub is also considering a targeted marketing and engagement campaign and creating dedicated pages on its website bringing together the support options for scaleup companies.
The two key barriers to growth are access to talent and access to UK markets. They are looking for support through peer to peer networks and local leadership development programmes as well as the Business Bank.
Analysis by BVA BDRC from the Scaleup Survey 2018
TOP BARRIERS TO GROWTH:
Access to the talent you can hire who can do the jobs you have available
Access to markets and customers in the UK
WANT TO SEE MORE OF:
- Peer to peer networks
- Local leadership development programmes
After attending May’s DEG Course the Growth Hub is exploring how the Smith &Williamson Scale-up Diagnostic Tool could best be used by local businesses. It is also meeting with organisations to help secure a stronger connection with programmes such as Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses UK, as recommended by the course leaders.
These are programmes offered by the LEP and do not represent all the programmes offered to scaleups in the local area. These have not been evaluated or endorsed by the ScaleUp Institute for their impact and effectiveness. Data utilised at the top of this page is taken from the IDBR 2016. The confidentiality of all data held on the IDBR is protected by the National Statistics Code of Practice and associated Protocols and by specific legislation. In accordance with these requirements, data presented is rounded to prevent disclosure. Differences may exist in totals across tables due to disclosure methods used.